Nationally recognized faculty, most of whom are also social work practitioners, will guide you through our nationally accredited program of knowledge and skills development.
Welcome to the BSW Program at IUPUI
IU School of Social Work is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and has been helping students acquire social work skills since 1911. The Bachelor of Social Work program is competency based. Through a rigorous course of study, students develop the ability to:
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behavior
- Engage in practice which respects diversity and difference
- Advance human rights as well as social, environmental, and economic justice
- Engage in research informed practice
- Assess, intervene and evaluate practice with individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities
In addition to top-notch faculty and classroom experiences, the BSW program offers an extensive internship opportunity where students work in agencies, learn from veteran social workers, and discover what they would like to do upon graduation.
As a student in the Bachelor of Social Work program you have...
- Opportunities to learn about other cultures in the classroom
- Individualized advising and mentoring
- A wide range of internship opportunities
- Opportunities for online classes
- Active student associations and opportunities for student leadership
- Excellent library and technology support
- Online access to student resources
Take the Next Step
BSW Walk-In Advising hours
If you have any advising questions or need to speak with the BSW student services coordinator you can walk in anytime:
- MONDAY From 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- WEDNESDAY From 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- THURSDAY: University College (from 12pm to 2pm)
IU School of Social Work offer open advising appointments at University College on Thursdays. Please call (317) 274-4856 to schedule an appointment with Jewel Mosley-Edmonds. You can also contact Jewel Mosley-Edmonds or Ivette Barbosa via phone or email to schedule an appointment if these days and times are not convenient. For additional information call our student services line (317) 278-0739 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com